TR6 Noise

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Noise
From: Ross J Fox <rossfox+@pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:14:42 -0500 (EST)

I've decided to redo the interior of my 75 TR6.  All panels, seats and
carpeting have been removed and happily there is little rust.  My question
regards the use of sound deadening materials.  Does anyone have
experience with materials besides the standard underfelt?  Moss describes
a "sound deadening underfelt" which is precut and self adhesive.  This
sounds ideal.  What about Dynamat -- the thin but heavy wieght foil which
sticks to the metal surfaces.  Is this better.  What about using it in
combination with underfelt?  Do these materials really help?

My second question has to do with the door window track tie-rod.  In my
car it fits very loosely about the window tracks in both doors and appears
to serve no pupose, or at least not function properly.  I'm apt to remove
it to stop the rattle.  What is it's function and proper fit?  Any harm in
simply disgarding it?

Ross
'75 TR6