Re: The Right Stuff

To: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Subject: Re: The Right Stuff
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 20:39:49 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,
I have always been of the opinion that as long as the container says
"Pennsylvania Grade" that it is good.  The other grade is Texas grade.

It has to do with the base of the oil.  One is paraffin based and the
other is asphalt based and I think the Pennsylvania grade is paraffin,
but it has been too many years since I learned all this.

The oils that fall into that grade are: Pennzoil, Castrol, Kendall,
Quaker State, and a host of others.

Of course, synthetic lubricants don't apply.

Now, having said all that, I open the floor for dissenting opinions. ( I
have just gone to the closet and taken out my NoMex flame suit.

Joe Curry

--

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer