Engine stands, TR2-4

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine stands, TR2-4
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:04:16
As I strip my replacement engine and look at the engine stand, I am getting
concerned about mounting the engine on the stand.  I know that four 1/4-20
bolts can take the load (shear and tension) of the fully assembled engine,
(although it seems a little weak to me) but my concern is in the bottom
right corner of the back of the engine where the starter hole is.  The
unthreaded hole for the lower starter bolt is the only nearby mounting
point, but I am concerned about using it.

What have y'all used as engine stand mounting points on the TR2-4 engines?

Jack