Re: Tr3A radiator shroud

To: Jeff Raymond <raymo1@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3A radiator shroud
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 21:51:21 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Rob Robertson <robandmaggie@email.msn.com>, Triumph types <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Jeff Raymond wrote:

> Rob -   I purchased mine from Moss and it is untreated/painted
> cardboard.  I'm giving serious consideration to using it as a pattern
> and making one out of ABS plastic (the ABS one from VB is $69.00!)  or
> maybe sheet metal.  If I use the cardboard one I may try to find some
> kind of rubber spray coating (undercoating maybe).  I know you can get a
> paint bucket of 'stuff' to dip pliers and wrenches in to insulate their
> handles and you might be able brush that on.

Use rubberized undercoating.  It's expensive, but not as much as the
rubber "stuff" for plier handles.  (I think it's a vinyl anyway, which may
not stand up too well to all the dirt and bugs flying through your grille)

Around here you can get undercoat in 3 grades: cheap (asphalt), good
(fibrous asphalt + rubber), best (paintable rubber - also called rocker
guard)

-Malcolm
'62 TR4