Re: Lucas fog lamps - value?

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lucas fog lamps - value?
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:52:17 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-29 09:54:16 EDT, JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-
om1.om.hp.com writes:

<< They are in excellent condition, almost like new, have a number which
      I think is R/L 576 (going by memory on that), and have yellow glass
      with lines. There is a chrome bullet in the centre, and the word
      "Lucas" in red letters appears just over the top of the main body, on
      a separate piece of metal. There are large diameter studs with fine
      threads for mounting, through the centre of which the wires would
      protrude. The nuts are included.

      So, are these a real find, or are they commonplace?
      Any ideas on value? >>

Jim;
These old Lucas flamethrowers are absolutely worthless.  I wouldn't put them
on any of my cars.  They shouldn't even be on the open market.  Let me know
where they are and I 'll help out by getting them off the market.  Where did
you say they were??

What is the diameter of the lens?  Do they mount at the back of the lens or at
the bottom of the fixture?  If at the bottom the will mount on to a
light/badge bar offered by Moss motors.  If at the back of the light they were
mounted in a variety of ways during factory racing days.  Through the grill
with a special bracket or be daring and mount them right on the front panel!!
Bob Paul