Re: Hardtop Storage

To: TRIPHSTEVE <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop Storage
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:24:37 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>>>>> "TRIPHSTEVE" == TRIPHSTEVE  <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com> writes:

    TRIPHSTEVE> The other idea was also from the Mercedes aftermarket
    TRIPHSTEVE> catalogs. They offer a hoist (one with a motor and one
    TRIPHSTEVE> not) that suspends from the ceiling of your garage and
    TRIPHSTEVE> the hardtop can be removed or fitted by a single
    TRIPHSTEVE> person. I have not tried this, but it seems that it
    TRIPHSTEVE> would work for either car.

I helped my dad put in a hoist like this for the big redwood picnic
table that he doesn't like leaving out in the snow.  A couple of 2x4`s
with vertical spacers and carriage bolt/wingnut clamps and some pulleys
and clothesline.  I'll probably build something like that if I ever have
a need.  It probably cost $20 to build, mostly in the pulleys.

                                                                -MM