RE: Reproduction of Out-of-Print Manuals

To: "'Chris Sharp'" <sharpc@hqce.aetc.af.mil>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Reproduction of Out-of-Print Manuals
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 18:28:15 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, lets look at this question a bit more carefully, some one who has at
late printing of the manual, what is the copyright date and publication
date.  In the U.S. there was a major change in the copyright laws in 1976
and there might be a window that their copyright has been left to expire.
They would probably not admit (or may not know) that it has.  There were
some transitional rule in effect and we may be able to take advantage of
them.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK