Re: Car lists

To: "Robert Snyder" <RJSNYDERCPA@classic.msn.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Car lists
From: "John Peacock" <pearesto@totcon.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:09:49 -0800
Robert and all

The problem is not always that they are not enthusiasts but that they are
afraid of being ripped off by local shops.  So the cars break, people do
not know how to fix them themselves, and do not trust or cannot afford the
shops and the car sits.  Granted that is how I got a few nice cars cheap, I
would rather get the people enthused about there car again and help keep
them on the road.  If we do not know they have the cars, how can we help?
My wives Mom's neighbor has 2 TR4As that have sat for 25 years.  I showed
an interest in them and he seems to have gained a slight bit of
enthusiasm(for how long we do not know but for now anyway).

It would also be nice to find out how many people in my area have Wedges,
because NONE showed up at the last show except for my TR8.  It was held in
St Augustine, FL.  If anyone needs motivation it is these owners.  TR7 sold
more than any other Triumph but where are they.  Don't tell me in salvage
yards either because I have checked almost everyone in FL and there are
hardly any there.  I have helped many Wedge owners get there cars on the
road and be reliable, and would not mind helping more if asked.  I even
helped a buddy get a Fiat Spider on the road, and I do not like them.

John Peacock
80 TR8
80 TR7 Spider 16v project (the head has arrived)

----------
> From: Robert Snyder <RJSNYDERCPA@classic.msn.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Car lists
> Date: Thursday, October 30, 1997 5:33 PM
>
> I echo other listers' observations that the VTR seems to be the most
> appropriate entity to accumulate and disseminate, in a high level format,
the
> number of existing Triumph vehicles.  This is, of course, if someone
believes
> this endeavor to be worthwhile at all.  There probably are enough
> opportunities for people to involve themselves in clubs or car shows, for

> those owners so inclined, that I doubt very much your lists will make any

> difference with respect to "enthusiasm" for the marque.
>
> I don't really care if a neighbor of mine owns a Triumph if all their car
does
> is sit in a garage.  I drive my cars frequently, and enthusiasts of these

> vehicles make themselves known be seeing each other drive their cars.
This is