Re: ignition observation/ no LBC really

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: ignition observation/ no LBC really
From: suchak@mediaone.net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 18:13:15 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Phil:

Direct ignition is not exactly new, it's been used on tons of cars since
the early eighties (for some reason I'm thinking GM 4 cylinders were
among the first, but I may be way wrong...)

It's controlled by the engine management computer, along with the fuel
injection and all...  Most likely has a crank position sensor to tell it
where the pistons are, and advance would be handled simply by
programming the proper curve based on load, engine speed and throttle
position..

Jeez, can you imagine the Lucas version of such a system?!?!?

John

--
Come see us on the Web!
http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/home.htm