ignition observation/ no LBC really

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ignition observation/ no LBC really
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:31:30 -0400
Martin Secrest's question of yesterday on the Pertronix got me thinking.
The other day when I had the hood up on my new Subaru, I discovered that it
has no distributor. The coil has all four high-tension leads running from
it, and a wire which must come from an ignition controller. Aha! Crank-fire
ignition! Now that would be a worth-while modification to a Triumph. Anyone
know how to build one of these systems? How would ignition advance be
handled?

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)