Re: Engine bay paint etc..

To: Mark Sinclair <msinclair@dis-inc.com>
Subject: Re: Engine bay paint etc..
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:16:24 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark Sinclair wrote:

> [BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Paul
> Arildsen <paul@hobbytyme.com>]]
>
>      Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:20:58 -0400
>      From: Paul Arildsen <paul@hobbytyme.com>
>      Subject: Engine bay paint etc..
>
> I apologize if this is a re-post. I have posted twice to this news
> group and have not seen a reply. Either I'm doing something wrong or I
> guess nobody has a response:) So hopefully somebody will respond with
> at least a note that this post did in fact reach the masses.
>
> 1) I've sandblasted the engine bay and would like to paint it.
>      What should I use?
>
> 2) My exhaust manifold has a 2 in crack in it. Has anybody had any
> success with a welded manifold?

My suggestion for engine bay paint is a relatively new Dupont product
called "Chroma Premier Single Stage"

It is impervious to brake fluid!!!! and can be mixed in all colors.

My neighbor,  who owns a high price paint and body shop just finished up
a hot rod of his own and used it on the engine compartment and under
side.  I don't know if is it less prone to chips or not but the brake
fluid protection sounds great.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 TR6