TR6 tranny oil plug

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: TR6 tranny oil plug
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 97 10:14:56 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Hi Scott,
     If you have access to welding torches, find a nut whose hole is big
     enough to jam onto the now-round 7/16" square, and weld it on. Then a
     regular wrench will take it right out, especially since it will be a
     much bigger size.
     All this assumes you have room to get in there to do it on a TR6,
     which I'm not sure about.
     If you don't have torches, I empathize! Next step for me would be to
     try Armor-All as has been suggested lately, and incredibly tight
     vice-grips, so tight they break your fingers when they release. (I
     know very few Triumph listers will understand this concept....)
     Good luck,
     Jim Wallace

     From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
     Subject: Re: TR6 Trani Oil Pug

     If the plug is rounded so bad that the eight point will not grip
     to unscrew plug (or plug is frozen), what other advice could you
     lend a frustrated TR6 owner who only wants to treat his car right
     and give it some fresh transmission oil.

     Thanks

     Scott Suhring