master cylinder cylinder re-sleeving

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: master cylinder cylinder re-sleeving
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:35:39 -0600
I posted this last year at this time but got no responses. Since there
are many more listers now perhaps there will be more "takers"...

I am interested in having my brake MC re-sleeved by one of the pro
outfits (like White Post or Apple or ?). Only question I have is
concerning the sleeving metal. I belive both White Post and Apple use
brass to create the new sleeve. I know of other places which use
stainless steel.

What are advantages and disadvantages of these metals as sleeves for
hydraulic cylinder bores?

I have been told that possibley brass is too soft and will eventually
wear although I think both Apple and White Post offer really long (if
not lifetime) guarantees. Only problem for me is that living in Canada,
it is not as convenient to claim any warranties with American companies
should the need arise.

Any comments/suggestions/criticisms?

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)