Re: Books wanted

To: Dave Rupert <Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Subject: Re: Books wanted
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:46:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Rupert wrote:

>      My PERSONAL feeling is that Haynes manuals should be reserved for
>      wiping up oil spills.

I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with this comment.  Haynes has the best
pictures of all the manuals I have seen.  (i.e. pictures of an actual
OLD TRIUMPH being dismantled...)  And they use simpler language.
Suggesting the book is only good for cleaning up oil spills is
ludicrous.  The key is to have BOTH books... and reference them both.

While I agree with many of your points, the HAYNES manual is what got me
started on my first TR 4A in 1977... I didn't have a "factory" manual
until many years later, as it was not available. If it had been the
other way around, I may have been intimidated by the factory manual, and
may not have dived in as deep as I did... time and time again.  Anyone
getting into their first TRiumph should own BOTH of these manuals.
Wipe up the oil spills with something else.

Justin Wagner

This is because they make absolutely no mention