Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Triple SU's on a 2500 motor
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:56:24 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

> Fuel injection? I think that might be just as much work, or more,
> considering the number and type of sensors employed in a modern EFI system.
> You'd still have to design and fabricate a manifold. I could see starting
> with the components from a Nissan 300ZX or Mazda MX6/Ford Probe V6, as the
> # of cylinders and displacements are in the same range.

Actually, mechanically, an EFI system is far simpler than carburetors.
Mounting the sensors requires a little work, but very little thought.
One can go either with tuned ports (more costly to fabricate) or with
an arrangement that uses fewer injectors strategically arranged to
provide
equal fuel mixture through a "plenum" type affair.  The latter is used
on
quite a few US and Japanese 4 Cyl.

Keep those gears turning in your heads!

Joe Curry   '63 Spit