Re: was: re:going away because....

To: Ian Clough <c5h22a@nortel.ca>
Subject: Re: was: re:going away because....
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:52:16 -0400
Cc: dterrick@pangea.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ian Clough wrote:

> Hey!
>
>   Good point.  Anyway, here's some very specific Triumph stuff for you:
> I started a frame-off of a '74 Tr6, my question is:  How does one figure
> out whether the car is worth restoring or using as a parts car?  Is there
> some sort of formula, checklist  or guideline?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian Clough
> in Ottawa
> '74 & '75 Tr6's

Ian, it will cost a lot more than you will ever sell the car for.What
you have to decide is whether you are doing it as a hobby, and for
pleasure, or if you hope to sell it at a profit. Personally, having done
two partial restorations on a TR3 and a TR6, I would not try to restore
a really rusty car. Both of mine were CA cars with little if any rust,
but I had over $12,000 in each by the time I finished, and my TR6 could
use another $1500 to make it show condition. The 3 did win a lot of
awards, but I had a hard time selling it. After 6 months I sold it to a
guy in the UK at a loss.