Re: was: re:going away because....

To: Ian Clough <c5h22a@nortel.ca>
Subject: Re: was: re:going away because....
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 09:19:40 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ian Clough wrote:

> Hey!
>
>   Good point.  Anyway, here's some very specific Triumph stuff for you:
> I started a frame-off of a '74 Tr6, my question is:  How does one figure
> out whether the car is worth restoring or using as a parts car?  Is there
> some sort of formula, checklist  or guideline?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian Clough
> in Ottawa
> '74 & '75 Tr6's
Ian,
That question is highly subjective, because there are so many parts
available (if one looks) it is possible to rebuild anything.
Some rationale for rebuilding a rust bucket might be for sentimental
reasons (Dad's car for example).

Most people would not have restored my Spit, but because it has a rather
low Commission number, I figured that made it worth the additional
effort and cost.

However, if the major structural parts are shop, that would be a no
brainer.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit