NJ TR garages

To: jkorkuch@chubb.com
Subject: NJ TR garages
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:11:33 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>As a new owner of a '72 TR-6, I'm searching for a mechanic in the
>Central New Jersey area (Somerset, Hunterdon, Southern Morris
>Counties).  Seems like I don't have as much time at the age of 44 to
>work on my own car as I did when I owned my first TR-6 (a '69) long,
>long ago.  Actually, I do plan to do much of the basic work myself, but
>I am looking for an honest shop to do an initial evaluation and possibly
>to handle some of the tougher stuff down the road (e.g. rebuilding the
>trans).

Joe,

Although I have not used him yet, as I have been able to do everything
myself thusfar, several people in the New Jersey Triumphs Association have
recommended Nick Hanges to me as a mechanic that does impecable work.  He
has his own shop in Saddlebrook, NJ and can be reached at 201-478-4009.

Also, I have heard good things about Don's Jaguar, but investigated it less
thorougly, as it is much further away from me.

You may also want to consider our club.  Check our our site at:

http://members.aol.com:/jlz69tr6/njta/njta.html

Let me know if I can help you our in any way and please keep us all informed
on any success (or failure) you have in finding a a local garage.

Later,

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, Bergen County, NJ