6cyl valve guides & springs

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 6cyl valve guides & springs
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 13:45:41 -0600
Whilst rebuilding a 70 GT6 2.0L cyl head, I have installed bronze guides
and new valves.  Upon assembly, a lubrication hose will be used to bring
additional oil to the rear of the head.  Has anyone had experience with
pumping additional oil to the rockershaft in this manner and should guide
seals be installed to prevent excessive oil draw past the guides once they
start to wear?  The local machine shop suggests using VW viton seals and
has a tool to machine the guides for these after pressing them into the
head.  Also, I have a set of heavy duty valve springs (singles) purchased
from British Parts Northwest, Dayton OR.  Are these installed with or
without the lower collar (next to cyl head)?  The TriumphTune
catalogue-techmanual says heavy duties go in without the lower collars.

Larry (SPITMAN) Quirk
80 SPIT
69 SPIT
70 GT6+ (donner)

ps: glad recess is over and the real car nuts are getting back to tech
threads !!!!!!!!!!!!