Re: TR3A trivia

To: Bob and Nancy <wises@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A trivia
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 11:44:35 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob and Nancy wrote:

> Hey,
>
>         Does anyone know if the following rubber parts on a TR3A are
> supposed to be natural (i.e. black) or body color?
>
> scuttle vent gasket
> jacking hole plugs
> rubber thingies that hold bonnet and boot prop rods
> rubber pads between boot lid cross brace and inside of boot lid
> several rubber plugs in the firewall (not grommets)
>
> Bob
>
> Bob and Nancy Wise
> 946 East Pacific Street
> Appleton, WI 54911
> (920) 733-9003

Bob,
The rule I used is, "when in doubt, leave it black."

Using that, I had to remove the paint from several Rubber plugs,
most obviously, the body drain holes in the rocker panels, and floor-
boards.

I think, originally they were painted body color but only because
they were installed prior to the body being painted.  If you do it
that way, you won't get paint right up to the edges of the holes.

This submitted without charge of any kind, and worth about that much.

Joe Curry,  '63 Spit