Re: TR3 G/Box Question

To: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>, "Chris Lermanis" <lermanis@netspace.net.au>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3 G/Box Question
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 20:14:50 -0700
Could be as simple as the detent springs in the shifter assembly gone bad.
I have these and some shims.

I also should have two (2) TR-3 first gear layshafts (just have to look in
my shed) These are brand new and in the original "Stan Part blue and white
box) also have many other trans internal parts (BL labels). Date of
purchase 1978-79.

Will post full list at a later date.

Mark

----------
> From: Nick <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
> To: Chris Lermanis <lermanis@netspace.net.au>; triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: TR3 G/Box Question
> Date: Thursday, October 09, 1997 10:47 PM
>

> ----------
> > From: Chris Lermanis <lermanis@netspace.net.au>
> > To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> > Subject: TR3 G/Box Question
> > Date: Monday, October 06, 1997 4:03 AM
> >
> > My 3A has the habit of slipping/jumping second gear on the "over-run" _
> ie
> > when coming down a steep incline in 2nd with the engine braking the
car.
> > Is this a serious transmission problem or can I live  with it till the
> next
> > G/Box overhaul ?
> > Any suggestions as to the components that need replacement/servicing?
> > Otherwise the the gear box is in good working order as is the
Overdrive.