Notice of Non-Lurk

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Notice of Non-Lurk
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 15:35:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi...

My name is Malcolm Walker (I'm borrowing my dad's email account :(  ) and
I've just recently purchased a '62 TR4.  I also just recently managed to
get all the wheels to roll and should be towing it home within a week.
(whoo!)

The car had been sitting (with handbrake on) for three years; was running
when parked.  Luckily the previous owner managed to get the Haynes manual
for it so I've been staying up late reading it... but, of course, it
doesn't tell me everything.

So...

Question #1: There's a tube coming out of the valve cover; I suspect that
I've got a 4A engine in the car.  Can I route this tube to any other part
of the car to increase performance/economy/etc?  Should I plug it?
Should I worry?

#2: I have to drain the (rancid) fuel that's in the tank now, anyone got
any hints for this operation?  I was going to disconnect the fuel lines
at the fuel pump and let it dribble into a clean jar, or maybe just
siphon most of it out and use the shop-vac to clean out the chunkies.

#3:  Anyone know what the two levers on the seat pivot (?) do?  They're
near the floor at the bottom of the seat back.

All for now...
-Malcolm