ignition lights part 2

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ignition lights part 2
From: robert ylitalo <robert.ylitalo@kiruna.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:40:35 +0200
Alternator(Positive earth/DC)

As told by members on the list. i disconnected all wires to the
alternator(DC/positive earth) and took the (-) directly from the battery
to the biggest connection on the alternator.

After this shock start the magnetic fields shold have been recharged or?

The result was the same when the engine is on idle the voltmeter shows
12.2 volts and the ignition light glow.

Did i go about this the wrong way?

I fitted the carpets boot and interior that i bought from
http://www.anglianet.co.uk/newtoncomm/
To night i am fitting the door cappings and the door panels.
I must say that the fitting is perfect and the quality is very good.

So that company gets +++++ of five on the ylitalo scale.

Send them an e-mail and you will get their list. They have everything
concerning triumph interior. Everything according to original
specifications.

Robert Ylitalo
Kiruna, Sweden
Spitfire MkII 1965 (Positive Earth)