Re: catalytic converter

To: Palic-Kevin <kpalic@netrax.net>
Subject: Re: catalytic converter
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:09:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I drive a 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 with 62,000 miles on it.  I'm only
>able to take short trips (in cold weather), because the catalytic
>converter glows (red hot) in very short order.  I've burned through one
>converter and have nearly destroyed another. (The car has the original
>smog equipment and as near as I can tell it functions properly).

Ok, the cat is rich, probably.  Yes the line is fine and hard to stay on with
regards to proper mixture.  So what's a guy to do?  Well, the redneck way works
my friend.  Take said destroyed cat off (it is shot btw), punch out the inside,
reinstall.  You now look perfectly stock, sound fine, no longer glow red, and
will still be well able to pass emission tests.