Re: TR6 a/c

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 a/c
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 11:06:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-09 23:07:40 EDT, triumph1@nr.infi.net (Bill Wood)
writes:

<< Carol,

 If you do take out the a/c in your car, please do so very carefully.  A
 complete a/c system for a TR6 goes for between $400-$900.  Amd there
 usually is a LONG line of people wanting them!

 Bill Wood
 1973 TR6 with a/c >>

I have an almost complete (missing fan pulley only) original TR6 ac system
including all interior ducts, switches etc. that I bought at Carlisle a few
years
ago for a grand total of $75 and for that price the seller also gave me a
cold beer
and helped carry the boxed bits to my car.  I respectfuly disagree that
anyone would or should pay anywhere near $400 to $900 for such an old
non-working system
since the purchase is only first step in making the system functional - I
intend to eventually install this thing in my 73 TR6, but will be surprised
if
I don't have to replace the compressor, hoses and may other parts before it
ever works.

Stay cool,
Jack Mc
73 TR6 CF870U - worlds longest running unfinished TR6 restoration