Re: fuel pump?

To: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: fuel pump?
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 22:02:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Todd W. Sigety wrote:

> If the fuel lines all prove to be clear, is there a way to check the
> fuel pump?  If the pump is bad, should I clean and rebuild, or install a
> new fuel pump?  TIA.

If you have an original fuel pump with the priming lever, simply
disconnect the fuel line between the pump and the carbs, and use
the priming lever to pump away.  If the fuel pump is ok, you'll
get a spurt of gas with ever pull of the lever.  Put a bucket under
the line to the carbs, and pump a few cups through by hand.  If
you can do this, the problem isn't in the line between the pump
and the tank.

Is there any fuel in the carb float chambers?  You can see this by
taking the cover off the carb, removing the air valve, and looking
down into the jet.

--ken
'70 & '74 TR6 Daily Drivers

--