Conclusion - TR3B Stator Tube

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Conclusion - TR3B Stator Tube
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 00:06:26 -0400
Greetings Worldly Scions,

To those of you following my quest for a steering column stator tube for
my one piece adjustable steering column in my TR3B, I am happy to report
I am _in_ business.  :-)

At Carlisle I found a vendor with a stator tube for the non-adjustable
steering column. I figured for $10 I had to buy it.

As it turns out, the steering column stator tube is the same length in
both the adjustable and non-adjustable streering columns. The difference
in length is taken up in the control head stator tube. The only
modification I had to make was elongate the slot 2 1/2 inches in the
steering column stator tube, to accomodate the sliding action of the
adjustable steering wheel.

Thanks to all who helped in my search. If anyone has any questions on
this, feel free to email me directly.
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |