Re: Monza exhaust

To: "Zachariah L. Cotherman" <ZLC@caspers.net>
Subject: Re: Monza exhaust
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:20:43 +0100
Cc: triumph club <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Zachariah L. Cotherman wrote:

> Anyone else out there that has had good experiences with an ANSA exhaust?
> There's a sweet sound, pretty much like that of the Monza, but it's only
> LOUD with rapid acceleration at high RPM's.  It really sounds great when
> you're, say, pulling out onto the freeway.  Once you get underway on a
> roadtrip, there is more noise from the wind with the top down than from the
> exhaust.  It's omni-present, of course, but I have completed many
> round-trips (fly-by-the-seat-o-my-pants-stop-only-for-gas-and-Jolt) between
> Ft. Campbell, Kentucky, and Casper, Wyoming, in my 71TR6 (aprox. 1,300
> miles) and the sound is enough to keep me awake without lulling me to
> sleep.  It's quite loud while autocrossing on a decent track...Quite silent
> at stop lights.
With all this talk about exhaust sound, has any one tried FlowMasters on
a TR6? I had the 2 1/2" system on my '91 Mustang GT. Nice mellow sound
around town and while crusing. Not loud or obtrusive at all. But when
you got your foot down, they'd get down and get loud! I know they sell
several sizes designed for universal fit.