Re: Major Bummer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Major Bummer
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:26:31 -0400
Hello Scott, sorry to hear about your car getting hit that badly,
just wanted to second Joe's suggestion;

 >Scott-
 >one other thing, one can often buy a totalled car back from the Insurance
 >company for the salvage value, might be a donor for your next TR6!
 >Joe

This depends, I'm sure, on what you can settle for, which further
depends on whether you had a stated-value type policy, etc., but
my main point is, a parts car can be very handy to have around,
if you have the space to keep it (as in away from zoning complaints).
   Not only can it supply parts, but serve as an example of how
they were installed, and give you some wrench practice for your
good car.  If your good car is mainly a driver, not a show car,
and good used parts will do for many minor repairs (which is
usually the case, IMHO) then I'd even more strongly suggest
trying to keep the wreck, if it makes sense financially.

Best regards,
Tom `junkyard veteran' Tweed
SW Ohio
yes the barn still has TR bits and pieces in it, but very few.
All my commuter cars have been salvaged junkers !!