tr6 transmission removal

To: JCBOUCHARD@aol.com
Subject: tr6 transmission removal
From: JKingNYY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 06:15:57 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
not having all the proper tools and lifting devices, and if your like me-no
one else in the family could care if the car fell on me, this is the way i
got my transmission out.

of course put the top down, take out both seats for ease of access.

with the front of the car on ramps, you'll need underneath access, and the
slope of the car helps the natural path the transmission should take on the
way out.

i rigged a come-a-long to the ceiling of my garage.  i didn't use this to
lift or hoist the transmission but merely to take the weight off it so i
could ease it to a position where i could get both hands and arms around it
to lift out of the car.  its not that its so heavy, but all the weight is in
the front, its been awhile and i was younger then, but it couldn't of weighed
more than 70#.

again, be careful not to force anything, make sure everything eases out.

hope this helps
jim king - 74tr6