Re: spit fuses

To: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: spit fuses
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 22:23:59 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Galloway wrote:

> is this really correct?
> I replace my spit fuses with 30A slowblo's per the Hayne's
> manual spec of 35A.

YES!
The British have a peculiar habit of indicating their fuses
in quite another way compared to what the rest of us in the
civilised world do...

-- Remember, they have their fuses in the plug on their appliances
also, not in the fusebox-centre in the centre of the house wiring!!!

So a British 35A fuse will be much less than a 35A fuse in the
rest of the western world. And a 35A slow blow fuse for the rest
of us will be kind of harmful to a British Standard wiring harness...
:-(

Yours
Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,