High altitude adjustment for SU's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: High altitude adjustment for SU's
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:17:26 -0700
        I discovered during my SU carb rebuild that the DPO had the needles
        installed such that the shoulder of the needle was not flush with
        the piston base (as the manual recommends), but protruding about
        1/16". I suspect that this was done to lean the mix for high
        altitudes (the DPO lives in Glenwood Springs).

        The car is now in Denver. Do I need to do anything to SU's to adjust
        for the 5000' altitude, and if so, is this the proper way to do it?

Much thanks,
Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cfarwell@lucent.com