Re: Bosch Pumps (was 1970 TR6 PI's)

To: "Guthrie, Don - HO" <DON.GUTHRIE@HO.tradenz.govt.nz>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Bosch Pumps (was 1970 TR6 PI's)
From: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 21:42:54 +1000
> >The Bosch pump do not have sufficient pressure to work properly with the

> >Lucas injection. The Bosch pump is designed for electronic injection,
> >where the design of the injectors are quite different. The Lucas system
> >needs a working pressure well above 100 PSI. The difference would only

> be
> >noticeable in situations of high fuel delivery (i.e. high power, high
> RPM).
> >
> Egil, I'd be interested to know what you're basing your conclusions about

> the Bosch pump on.

I would agree with Don, the conversion to the Bosch fuel pump is the common
corrective action for the Lucas pump "bucket of water in the boot"
problems.

This is especially true in Oz, where the ambient temp can be a little high,
however it is not always required (depending on pump condition etc), as
some people survive quite well with the Lucas pump.

Bill and Sal Birney
'70 GT6+ (RHD)
'67 Spitfire MkII (restoration)
'69 Spitfire MkIII (Sal's, in queue)