Re: exhaust for '65 spit

To: "Ed Burger" <eburger@sagelink.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: exhaust for '65 spit
From: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 18:44:21 +1100

 Ed wrote:

> Does a 1965 Spit legally need a muffler?  I was thinking of mabyr just
> running a pipe out the back.  If not, what mufflers are recommended?  Do
> you have to buy lbc mufflers??  Will standard american car mufflers
> work?  how about high end mufflers?
>
> Ed

How many old ladies do you wish to scare, and car alarms set off?????

I have a 2 inch system, that splits into 2 around the diff and has 2 large
mufflers under the boot floor (there welded together to stop them
rattling!). This system is good for performance (the motors not standard),
however it is LOUD.

I can, and do, set of the ultrasonic type car alarms when pushing out of
suburban corners, and also attract a little attention from the boys in blue
on occasions (and it is JUST legal).

Bill and Sal Birney
'70 GT6+ (RHD)
'67 Spitfire MkII (restoration)