RE: BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Paul Nel

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: RE: BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [Paul Nelson <aloder@websgi.icomnet.com>]
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 15:56:11 +0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumph Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

On 3 Feb 1997, Vincenti, Ross wrote right back to me:

> Well, truth be known, I've cracked one windshield..So, Andy, how many have
>you broken?

Well, uh, er, actually it was, aaahh, ahem...huh?

OK, it was one. I was 16 at the time and desperate to remove from a Herald
saloon a windshield badly needed to fit into the Convertible, after that
car did a number on a Rambler Classic Wagon's tailgate and my sister did
an equally nasty number on my windshield. (She's long since ok -- this was
27 years ago -- and we've both worn seat belts ever since! 'nuff said!)

Anyway, in my overexuberance I figured that a bit of leverage wouldn't
hurt this process one bit. Unfortunately, the chosen lever was a large
screwdriver. One slip and.... (fill in appropriate expletives here).

In defense of myself, though, I have removed several safely with little
more than something to break the seal, followed by careful, even
applications of Keds-shod feet at proper pressure points. (This was
practiced first on several already-broken screens, BTW!)

I don't advise it, but it can be done! But please do cut the gasket apart
first.

Putting windshields back in is easy, though, WITH PRACTICE and CAUTION and
JUDICIOUS USE OF RUBBER MALLETS!

--Andy