PDWA Switch Resett

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: PDWA Switch Resett
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:41:24 -0700
Kirk Steward  re:PDWA switch

Kirk,

I too have tried to reset this switch per the repair manual--used lots of time
and never
got it to move.  In desperation I knew there had to be a better way.  First
find the
switch underneath the brake master cylinder/servo unit.  CAREFULLY remove the
plastic
connector from the switch body--don't brake the tabs that hold it on.  Next,
fit a
wrench to the hex base of the switch and unscrew.  Again be careful, don't ruin
anything
if it doesn't want to come out right at first.  With the base of the switch
removed, you
will now be looking down into the body of the pressure differential valve.
Visual
references may be a little difficult, because of not knowing what to look for,
but if
you can see a shiney/silver colored piece of metal, that's what you're looking
for.
Next, you'll need a special tool.  A paperclip.  Yes that's right!  You could
use a
pick, but a paperclip works great.  Straighten it out some, then put it down
the hole
vacated by the switch.  Since I don't know which way your shuttle has moved,
you will
have to determine which way to try to push the shuttle.  Either way won't be
hard.
After moving the shuttle back in place, screw the switch back in, attach the
connector
and you light SHOULD be extinguished.

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.