Engine Rebuild or GT6 shoe-horn?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Rebuild or GT6 shoe-horn?
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:35:00 -0700
>Here's my latest thought for the month...My 1500 engine is burning oil quicker
>tham my local electricity generator; is it cost efective to have it rebuilt or
>should I look at fitting a new engine?  If the latter, what is involved in
>upgrading to a GT6 engine (ie what else do I have to change?)

Oh not really a whole lot, you'll have to change the transmission, weld new
radiator mounting brackets to the frame (remove the spitfire ones).  Use a
GT6 radiator, replace the bonnet with a GT6 one, replace the front
suspension uprights, springs, and to do it right, replace the brakes with
GT6 items.  But other than that it's a snap!

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' and  72'Spitfire   70'GT6+