Re: Silicone brake fluid.

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Silicone brake fluid.
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:58:54 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Angelo Graham wrote:

> Any members with first hand experience with silicone brake fluid care to
> share their comments or impressions?  Cost not a big factor here as the
> price of the stuff is coming down and if it as good as the claims, it should
> be a bargin in terms of money saved in replacing brake parts.

Personally, I think that there are good reasons for switching to
silicone (DOT-5) fluid, and also good reasons for sticking with a
DOT-4 fluid.  The decision as to which to use depends upon your
circumstances.

There is a summary of some of the pros and cons on the VTR WWW
pages at http://www.vtr.org/maintain/brake-fluids.html

Read up about it, weigh the pros and cons, and make the
decision that is right for you and your car!

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

PS:  Boy, is it ever nice to be able to drive the TR on
        a gorgeous day like this instead of in the solid
        rain we've had for the past week.

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |