Re: Palo Alto British Car Meet Report

To: matthews@apple.com
Subject: Re: Palo Alto British Car Meet Report
From: captainzoso@juno.com (Captain Page)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 00:16:53 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Great to hear about the Palo Alto meet. There should have been 3
>Heralds
>there, but my dad wanted to go see the Indy cars in Monterey, bo hoo
>;-).
>I tried to get a friend to take my car to the show, but no such luck.
>I did go for a killer drive on Saturday though. Page Mill rd. to Skyline

>to 84 to 1 to 9 and back home. 140 trouble free twisty turny miles, and
>only 3 or 4 slow drivers in front of me. I was hoping to see, or meet up

>with some other LBC's on those roads, but only saw a few (there was one
>nice JAG at Pigeon Point Lighthouse). I really did want to go to the
show
>with my ratty bent-up Herald, but maybe by next year I'll have the '61
>painted and ready to show. Until then I'll see you on the road!!!!!!

I think you were better-off.  Sounds like a fine day for a drive! It was
hot and most of the owners had left their cars and fled the
scene...possibly to the Stanford Mall for some cool temps. and shopping.
Cars were going in and out all the time, so keeping track was not
something I wanted to do.  I was looking for parts and owners.  I forgot
to mention there was an excellent example of a GT6 and a few Spitfires
(one was for sale).

See you next year...I'll be the one with the frustrated look, looking for
parks.  Maybe I'll head down to the Woodley Park, in LA show in two
weeks!

Happy high rev. motoring :)

Captain Page