Re: Palo Alto British Car Meet Report

To: captainzoso@juno.com (Captain Page), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Palo Alto British Car Meet Report
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 06:36:58 -0700
At 12:12 AM 9/9/96 -0400, Captain Page wrote:
>Here's  a quick report on what I saw today:
>
>The following car catagories were present: Rolls Royce, MG, Lotus,
>Triumph, Austin Mini, Morgan, Jaguar, Sunbeam, Land Rover, Austin Healey.

There were a lot more marques present than that. I followed a Astin Martin
DB2 and a Morris into the meet, pased an unpainted 289 AC Cobra going into
the lot.  Just over the fence was a group of Singers.  There was a Daimler
Ferrit hidden among the Land Rovers.  I think there were small numbers of
several more marques.

I do agree that most of the local to Palo Alto Triumphs are drivers and not
concourse. The local Triumph club, Triumph Travelers, focus on driving
events and using the cars for their design purposes.  There is no real
place for trailered static Triumph statues.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com