Re: Removable Luggage Rack

To: triumphs@autox.team.net ('trumppa')
Subject: Re: Removable Luggage Rack
From: knystrom@NCSCTC01ES.ntc.nokia.com (Nystrom Kim NTC/Espoo)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 1996 10:00:01 +0300
** >    SO - does anyone have an idea about whether that kind of rack is
still
** > around and where I could obtain one.  Again the criteria is that it be
** > Quickly removeable and require NO modifications to the car itself nor
any
** > tools to mount it.
** >
** >  If not, does anyone know of a metal shop which might be interested in
** >  fabricating such a rack.  And - BTW - maybe some other people on the
list
** might
** >  be interested in obtaining one.

I think you can find one of these racks at any Triumph store. I for instance
have an aluminium one that comes with four clips that you hook over the
sides of the boot lid and rubber feet where it rests on the lid. It is very
easy to install and remove. Even a bigger suitcase straps nicely onto it,
for instance when you want to drive from Finland to England and back and you
need to carry a tent, clothes and other stuff for two...

rgds,
Kim Nystrom