Re: TR6:Clutch slave tale and question

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6:Clutch slave tale and question
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Aug 96 19:36:19 EDT
>Tried the top hole, same results, so  went to the bottom, and had no problem
>shifting to any gear.  If I remember correctly, before me panic disassembly at
>the mall, it WAS in the bottom hole all along.

Silly question, but did you mount the slave cylinder properly? It's supposed to
be inserted from the rear of the car, towards the front so that its flange (?)
is
towards the clutch lever (p. 263 of the Bentley's). (The end of the cylinder
with
the bleed nipple goes through the mounting hole.) Seems to me you might see
such a problem if it was mounted incorrectly, and you also might get the fit
problem as well.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY