Re: Carburettor stromberg

To: Scoody <marcilly@hpfrcu03.france.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Carburettor stromberg
From: Alan Coleman <acoleman@dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:24:22 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scoody wrote:

>I'm not an expert in mecanism ... I found that there was a part (like a "U")
>with a screw to avoid missing a little part under it.
>But unfortunatly i lost the little part.

I am mystified!  I don't know what this could be.  If it's inside the
float bowl, I suppose it could be one of the clips that holds the pivot
for the floats.

If it's on the side of the carb, it can be part of a manual choke, or
perhaps part of the deceleration bypass valve.  I think you need a
Haynes manual!  Catalogs also help, since they usually have exploded
diagrams of the parts in question.  This can allow you to figure out
some otherwise incomprehensible relationships.

AC