Re: Carburettor stromberg

To: Scoody <marcilly@hpfrcu03.france.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Carburettor stromberg
From: Alan Coleman <acoleman@dnai.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 16:57:54 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scoody wrote:
> Could somebody help me in troubleshooting my carburettor problem :
>
> I must have lost a part, as there's a hole on the right side of the
>carburettor ...
>
> Gazoline goes out and car refuse to start !!!
>
> Is there a screw or what ???

Sounds like something's loose... :)

That hole is probably the ventilator hole for the float bowl at the
bottom of the carb.  Generally, there's a hose from the vent hole to a
charcoal cannister to recycle gas fumes.  What you describe is a classic
symptom of the following:

1. Sticking needle valve.
2. Messed up floats.

Take off the carb, remove the float bowl.  Check out the floats and make
sure they're properly attached to the metal piece that closes the needle
valve.  Then check out the needle valve itself.  It controls fuel input
to the float bowl from the fuel line.

Regards,

Alan "Just replaced the needle valve again this weekend" Coleman