TR4 - Overdrive questions

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 - Overdrive questions
From: Christian_Simonsen@ena-east.ericsson.se (Christian Simonsen)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 08:31:09 -0400

I cannot remove the large brass spanner plug on the bottom of the unit, any
hints, or drawings of the tool required so that I can fab one?

What is the proper way to engage/disengage? It comes in firmly, but I tend to
clutch it in and out like a normal gear change. Is this harder on it than just
clicking it in and out?

I don't want to drive it much more without cleaing the little strainer that's
supposed to be under the cover. My documentation on the little darling is not
helping me much. Any other maintenance or preventative care I should do? (the
car sat for 13 yrs before I started work on it 3 years ago) Seems to work great
right now.

Christian Simonsen - Virginia, USA

54 TR2 long door

63 Triumph TR4 -