Re: TR6 Trailing Arm Bushings

To: mike@shoppersdrugmart.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Trailing Arm Bushings
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 12:25:21 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-10 15:01:49 EDT, mike@ShoppersDrugMart.ca writes:

>Now then, I'll look at Bentley and Haynes to see what's required, but I'd
>rather get the first-hand experience of the many of you who've done this
>already.  What should I look out for?  All the discussion I've heard before
>centred on getting the new bushings in -- what's the best way?  Also caught
>a comment about poly vs. hard rubber bushings... where do you get poly
>bushings?  As usual, all comments are *very* welcome... thanks.

>*  Mike Himelfarb - '76 TR6  |  "If it ain't broke don't fix it..."      *
>*  Mike@ShoppersDrugMart.CA  |           (it's broke)                    *

Mike

I bought my Poly bushings from Ted Schumacher ((404) 384-3022) who raced
Triumphs in the 60's and 70's.  He now sells competition parts and gives away
advice from his business in Pandora OH.  I don't know if he is the cheapest
source but he is a wealth of information.

These bushings are a snap to install - much easier than the rubber ones since
the rubber ones must be compressed.  The hardest part is pressing out the old
ones.  I used a vice and a few socket wrenches to press them out.

Select a socket small enough to fit in the hole in the trailing arm and
another large enough to allow the bushing to go into.  Press the bushing into
out with the vice.  I used a knife to cut the excess rubber that got pinched
between the socket and the arm and the old bushing pressed right out.

Good luck

Dave
TR6Massey@aol.com