Re: Valve Cover Color

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Color
From: rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net (Ralph Jannelli)
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 15:40:21 -0400 (EDT)
>Ralph, thanks for the tip...  I've found a paint I'm considering at
>Western Auto.   It is Dupli-Color #DE-1604, a "Universal Gold Engine
>Enamel."  Is the GM color you mention metallic?  Is it "engine paint?"
>Will it matter on a valve cover?

If the Dupi-Color is cross referenced to the GM number I gave then it should
be a close match. The Camel color does seem to be slightly metallic. It is
not "engine paint" but seems to be holding up OK

>What color was original on the block and the head?  The oil pan?  The
>valve guides were left bare metal, weren't they?

The engine head oil pan etc were all black. I'm not sure if the valve guide
tubes were painted or not but a little paint on them will help seal them
from leaking oil since they do tend to leak.

Ralph Jannelli
'72 Spitfire MKIV daily driver
'66 Spitfire MKII freshly restored