Re: TR6 - Camshaft Removal

To: don.guthrie@tols.co.nz, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 - Camshaft Removal
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 16:57:20 -0400
In a message dated 96-04-28 20:04:30 EDT, don.guthrie@tols.co.nz (Don
Guthrie) writes:

>9) Remove the oil pan and the oil pump
>I didn't need to remove these items to get the cam out (and still haven't).
>Why should they come out?

Don,

Sorry about this step.  I was operating from memory of engine rebuilds.  The
oil pump is operated from a gear on the camshaft and I thought that this gear
would interfere with the cam bearing diameter but I guess that the cam swung
away from the oil pump gear OK.

Well, good show on getting the camshaft out.  It still is a lot of work
though, isn't it?  It will be worth it in the end, however.

Dave Massey

P.S. Stay away from Tazmania for a while, OK?