Monza Exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Monza Exhaust
From: TRIA73@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 22:20:42 -0400
From:  TRIA73@aol.com  (Randy Dunn - '73 Spitfire)
Subject:  Monza Exhaust for Spitfires

In regards to some recent postings on MONZA exhaust please note that although
you're paying big bucks for a custom system it may require retrofitting.  The
Spitfire owner's that I have talked to all had to relocate the rear mounting
brackets to extend to tips of the exhaust beyond the rear edge of the bumper
to prevent staining and corrosion.  I recently installed a MONZA on my '73
Spit and without retrofitting the tips did not extend beyond the rear edge of
the bumper which resulted in staining of the chrome that would eventually
lead to corrosion.  I relocated the two mounting brackets approximately 1" to
1-1/2" towards the front of the car or in other words from the tail pipes to
the top/rear of the mufflers.  I also reduced the length of the brackets to
compensate for the larger diameter of the mufflers which you may not have to
do depending on the length of the bracket used to attached to the body panel.