RE: GT6 tuning help needed

To: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com, Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT6 tuning help needed
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 15:27:35 EDT
>      Years ago I learned when tuning one of my sailboats was that it is best
> to change only one thing at a time and see the difference. No change? then
> change it back and adjust something else. I still try to use this philosophy
> when playing with my GT6.

While it's a good strategy in general, you should remember that just because
frobbing a knob has no effect >this time<, doesn't mean it will have no
effect after other knobs have been frobbed. For instance, more advance may
actually hurt (power and hardware) if you don't also go up in octane.

--
---
John R. Lupien